Use of District Facilities
Effective August 1, 2018 the following guidelines/policies will be in place for the use of any and all facilities that are part of the Wilton Community School District.
- High School and Junior High sanctioned teams have priority of both gyms throughout the entire calendar year. Other school events/activities will also have priority throughout the entire calendar year. (concerts, plays, dance showcase, etc.)
- No practices shall be held during a non-athletic event (concerts, plays, dance showcase, etc.) if it conflicts with the event.
- The JH & HS gyms will not be available until 7:00 PM throughout the year. These gyms are reserved for all of our school activities that have practice times during the week. The Elementary gym is available at 5:00 PM.
- Both gyms are available in 1 /2 hour time slots on Monday-Friday. Availability on weekends will depend on what school activities are on the schedule. Teams may sign up for ONE weekday and ONE weekend time slot each week. Max of 3 hours per week Sunday thru Saturday. This time includes set-up and tear down.
- All events (practices, tournaments, games, etc.) for the school year need to be turned in to the Athletic Secretary. Turning in an event request does not guarantee a time slot. A confirmation will be sent to you from the Athletic Secretary.
- The Administration has the ultimate decision in scheduling events and practices. All school-based activities will take priority and may lead to a non-school event being cancelled on a short notice.
- An adult must supervise the team at all times while using a school facility.
- An access card must be obtained from the Central Office. These access cards are NOT to be shared with anyone. Coaches must let students into the building so that NO doors are propped open before your practice starts.
Community Use of Facilities.pdf